Our Western Nebraska Panhandle is Wide Open for Business
Twin Cities Development (TCD) works on a case-by-case basis with companies to connect you with customized and competitive incentive packages tailored to your specific needs. TCD provides the information to companies seeking incentives while the local government decides on local financing. Programs available vary depending on the population of the community.
Contact us to discuss the options that may be available to assist you with your business expansion or relocation.
LB840 provides funds from a collected tax approved by local voters for economic development purposes. An economic development program may include, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Direct loans or grants
- Loan guarantees
- Grants for public works essential for the location/expansion of business
- Grants or loans for job training
- The purchase of real estate
- Payments for salary and support of city staff or an outside entity to implement the program
- Bonding used to carry out program activities
Nebraska Advantage Act
LB 312 and LB 895 are economic development incentives that make Nebraska more competitive for business expansions and strengthen our economy.
- Nebraska’s competitive incentives package, LB 1118, creates an additional tier 2 providing additional benefits for large data center projects — in addition to the benefits currently available for other tier 2 projects — for a 10-year personal property tax exemption for those projects. LB 1118 also allows a taxpayer to sign a single agreement for a tier 2 large data center project and sequential tier 5 project.
- The Nebraska Advantage Act includes multi-tiered benefits including six different tiers tied to investments up to $109 million.
- NE Advantage Benefit Calculator. Download and use the Calculator to check your current costs of doing business to the potential savings your company could get by moving to Western Nebraska.
Site & Building Development Fund
The Site & Building Development Fund creates conditions favorable to improving Nebraska’s industrial readiness which furthers economic development and increases the general prosperity outlook for all Nebraska citizens.
Renewable Chemical Production Tax Credit Act
The Renewable Chemical Production Tax Credit Act provides tax credits intended to stimulate the emerging biotechnology and bioproducts sector in Nebraska and incentivize the development of renewable chemicals.
ImagiNE Nebraska is Nebraska’s redesigned incentives portfolio created with small and large businesses in mind.
Business & Industry Guaranteed Loan Program
Business & Industry Guaranteed Loan Program is to improve, develop, or finance business, industry, and employment and improve the economic and environmental climate in rural communities. A borrower may be a cooperative organization, corporation, partnership, or other legal entity organized and operated on a profit or nonprofit basis; an Indian tribe on a Federal or State reservation or other Federally recognized tribal group; a public body; or an individual that will:
- Provide employment;
- Improve the economic or environmental climate;
- Promote the conservation, development, and use of water for aquaculture; or
- Reduce reliance on nonrenewable energy resources by encouraging the development and construction of solar energy systems and other renewable energy systems.
Rural Energy for America Program Guaranteed Loan Program
Rural Energy for America Program Guaranteed Loan Program provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for renewable energy systems or to make energy efficiency improvements. Agricultural producers may also apply for new energy efficient equipment and new system loans for agricultural production and processing.