TCD Membership is the Foundation for Success
The priority for our Board of Directors is to build economic development from a foundation of professionalism, cooperation, and integrity.
Members' support and investment for Twin Cities Development (TCD) provides the following core economic development programs including:
- Lead Generation and Recruitment
- Workforce Development and Workforce Housing
- Grow Existing Companies
- We keep our partners and investors up to date with newsletters, website updates, and email notices. We prioritize keeping you informed on TCD activities, board actions, and important economic development data and demographics.
- Annual Meeting Luncheon: Late fall each year
- Using a comprehensive strategy, TCD markets our area, including Gering, Bayard, Terrytown, Mitchell, Bridgeport, and Scotts Bluff County for potential economic development projects in key target industries of Agribusiness, Food Processing, and Technology; Advanced Manufacturing and Precision Metals; Plastics and Chemicals; Health Services; Data Centers; and Oil and Gas Support Industries.
- Members can volunteer for Special Task Forces on key economic development actions.
- Partner with the Nebraska Department of Economic Development on lead generation activities including trade shows, site consultant forums, and special target industry events.
- We bring exposure to your business through a multitude of media options including our website’s online member directory, social media, newsletter, and emails. We exclusively refer our members daily through inquiries received via phone, mail, email, and walk-ins.
- The GIS component tool integrated into our website uses customizable layers with market information, demographics, workforce, infrastructure, housing, business, and industry. Members’ sites and buildings are added to the TCD list of available properties and are marketed nationally and internationally. TCD evaluates sites and buildings for economic development projects.
- Data and Demographics: Customize and share important economic development data and demographics with members, organizations, prospects, and other agencies.
- Job posting services for employers and Jobs Board for employment seekers.
- TCD includes the entire region in all labor market analysis for economic development projects.
Entrepreneurship & Networking
- The eCenter offers office and innovation space for entrepreneurs to successfully develop their businesses.
- The eKitchen is designed to give food entrepreneurs a leg up by providing an exceptional commercial kitchen to grow their hobbies into businesses.
Workforce Housing & Workforce Development
- Workforce Housing: Offer short-term and long-term housing to newly recruited employees to the community.
- Workforce housing grants for housing projects.
- TCD support and partners with WNCC and SB/Gering United Chamber of Commerce on workforce skills development through the TCD eCenter.
- TCD partners with local organizations on workforce development initiatives and to offer training opportunities.
Grow Existing Businesses in the Region
- TCD offers “one-stop” business coaching for business startups partnering with the Nebraska Business Development Center (NBC), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Rural Enterprise Assistance Program (REAP), and Panhandle Area Development District (PADD). Any existing business or business startup can use this service.
- Support the Gering LB 840 incentives by consulting with each applicant on their application before it is reviewed by the Gering LB 840 Committee.
- Meet with existing businesses to assist and support the growth of their business.
- 1 to 5 Employees $200/year
- 6 to 15 Employees $250/year
- 16 to 50 Employees $300/year
- 51+ Employees $500/year